September 11, 2008

Lookie what we found!!!




Ellie, Jonathan, and I found this in our driveway a few weeks ago. It's a mother hobo spider with her babies on her back. According to National Geographic this is a VERY rare thing to see. Jonathan first spotted her getting out of the car. He told me to grab the camera. The neighbors even came by for a sneak peek. She was holding so still probably in fear.

After a few minutes taking pictures she took a run for it under my car. We all ran back and screamed! We had planned on killing her with poison to prevent more hobo's running around the yard. I had our neighbor Teri move my car back (I refused I was too scared to get off Jonathans car) so Jonathan could spray. Once he started she started running in a frenzy and of coarse all of us girls started screaming and running the other way. After a minute she stopped moving and she was a gone.

So YAY for Jonathan for saving the day (and taking a very rare picture for us to share with all). MY HERO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No No nNo No No NOOOOOOOOOOOO

That picture has to come off. Yuck Yuck Yuck!

happy mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happy mae said...

Very SCARY spider! I'm glad that you killed it.

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

Kimberly,

I tagged you on my blog so you will have to go there and check it out. You can do it if you want.

Hope all is well in Utah, and our boys always need lots of cousins.

Michelle