August 13, 2008

A new addition

We are happy to announce we have a new little member of our ferret clan. His name is Mr. Hankey. (Yes he is named after South Park).

It was a typical day going to the pet store.... it really was. Some cat stuff, some ferret toys and a new ferret bed were planned on being purchased. All was well till we came to a cage of a bunch of baby ferrets just cuddled together. "Awww I want to hold them!" I said. So did Jonathan. So I asked the girl if it would be alright and she opened the cage for us. As we would reach in to pet the little critters we would have about 10 ferrets jump on our arm as if they were saying "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!" It was then we spotted Hankey. Jonathan held him close and gave me those puppy 'can we keep him' eyes. We decided to go run our other errands and think about it. 20 minutes later we were back with a name decided and all!!

He is pretty smart. It only took him 1 day to learn where to potty in the cage. He is very clumsy, we think it's probably due to him still being a baby and learning those motor skills. He is super soft like our little Tweeker. The other ferrets are getting used to him but like to bite him a lot to show him who's boss. But I know they will get along because I found all 4 of our little ones in 1 hammock yesterday.

Here are a few photos of our new little poo:



2 comments:

krazyelwoodkids said...

Those are the cutest pics of your newest addition and of course...my kids. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Just don't become the crazy 'cat' lady. I thought we were crazy for getting 2 dogs. We just found out that we have to pay $150 a month on our one dog becuase she doesn't absorb vit. B and she has an enzyme problem. I have to give her shots myself and feed her expensive enzyms. That's really fun.